Philosophy for Children (enquiry based learning) offers a way to open up children’s learning through enquiry and the exploration of ideas. Children learn that their ideas have value, and that the ideas of other children have value too. Through Philosophy for Children they realise that they don’t always have to be right, but they gain the confidence to ask questions and learn through discussion.
More on what Philosophy for Children can offer:
Philosophy for Children in the classroom
We offer practical experience and help in running Philosophy for Children sessions in the classroom, including:
- Introductory and advanced training
- We introduce the principles and methodology, and outline the benefits of running Philosophy for Children in schools.
- One-day conferences
- We are willing to lead and facilitate conferences for networks of schools
- Demonstration sessions in the classroom
- We will attend your school and run a demonstration Philosophy for Children session in the classroom.
If you have any questions, or would like to contact us about any aspect of Philosophy for Children in the classroom, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about us, please see the About us section of the site below.